Mid-15th Century Italian style leg harnesses
These Patterns are free to all with the understanding that credit should be given to the owners.
Go to the Author's Original Site
Knee Cop p1
Knee Cop p2
Bottom Lanes and Demi Greaves
Top Lanes and Demi Cuisse
I would build these legs in the following order:
- cut out the plates
- punch any holes which are on the patterns
- finish the plate edges and corners
- Roll the top edge of the cuisse and upper cuisse plates.
Roll the top and bottom edge of the two wrap plates.
- Dish knee cop and shape the wing on the knee cop. Shape
the other plates.
- Add a crease down the center of the legs.
- Fine tune the articulation
- Polish the plates
- Assemble the legs
- Add the straps